The Museum is currently CLOSED for the Christmas & New Year period BUT we will be open again in late January by appointment for guided tours.
In the mean time please enjoy a sort online visit to our museum…
If you wish to visit us later in January and book a museum tour, please contact John or Kerrie on (02) 62 972730, if unanswered leave a message including your phone number.
At the Queanbeyan Museum we tell the stories of our region and the people who lived here in the days before Australia became an independent nation, right up until the present day.
The Queanbeyan Historical Museum is located in the historic Police Sergeant’s Residence, 10 Farrer Pl, Queanbeyan, constructed in 1876.
Queanbeyan Museum is open 1-4 most weekends subject to volunteers availability (except for Christmas, Easter and public Holidays). Admission is Free.
The museum is usually closed for Christmas and New Year.
Telephone: 02 6169 6213 during opening hours 1pm-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.
Like us on Facebook to keep up to date: https://www.facebook.com/queanbeyanmuseum/
Or follow our Blog Posts
The Museum has a strong focus on the history of Queanbeyan and surrounding district, with a broad collection of over 3,500 items that includes furniture, textiles, technological objects, costumes, pictures, maps, objects, and photographs. There is currently an active programme of changing exhibitions with regular opening hours and regular events.
Take the journey with us:
The Museum’s 10 galleries and extensive outdoor areas allow visitors to explore topics like:
The Ngambri people before Europeans arrived
How did Queanbeyan develop?
Bushrangers and Larrikins
Stories From a Country Town – Queanbeyan during WW1 1914-1918
The Wash House – cleaning our clothes and ourselves
See an original Both Iron Lung used in Queanbeyan during the 1950s poliomyelitis epidemic;
See William Farrer’s parlour piano;
See a magnificent 30 metre mural of late 19th century Queanbeyan.
The Museum hosts regular events with an historical theme.
Where are we?
Queanbeyan Museum, 10 Farrer Pl, Queanbeyan NSW
Open Saturday and Sunday 1-4 and other times by appointment.
The Museum was opened by the Queanbeyan & District Historical Museum Society Inc. in 1969. It is currently operated by the Society in partnership with the Queanbeyan Palerang Regional Council.
The Society meets regularly and publishes an historical journal, Quinbean.
For further information about the Museum or the Society contact:
Post: The Secretary QDHMS, P.O. Box 480 QUEANBEYAN NSW 2620
Tel: 02 6169 6213 during opening hours 1-4 Saturday and Sunday