The Queanbeyan Historical Museum was first established in 1969 and is located in the historic Police Sergeant’s Residence, 10 Farrer Pl, Queanbeyan, constructed in 1876. The Museum is operated by members of the Queanbeyan and District Historical Museum Society Inc., (QDHMS) in a partnership with the Queanbeyan City Council (QCC).
The Museum has a strong focus on the history of Queanbeyan and surrounding district, with a broad collection of over 5,000 items that includes furniture, textiles, technological objects, costumes, pictures, maps, objects, and photographs. There is currently an active programme of changing exhibitions with regular opening hours and regular events.
Queanbeyan Museum is open 1-4 every weekend
(except for Christmas Holidays)
Admission is Free